- Candidate must be an Indian candidate or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee came before 1st January 1962.
- Candidate’s age should not be less than 21 years or more than 30 years in the year of examination.
- Age relaxation is up to 5 years for SC/ ST.
- It is 3 years for OBC.
- For Jammu & Kashmir is up to 5 years.
- Age relaxation for defence persons is up to 5 years.
- For physically challenged persons is up to 10 years.
- For Ex-serviceman/ ECOs/ SSCOs age relaxation is up to 5 years.
- Candidate should have a degree from any of central or state universities in India or from deemed universities formed under UGC act, 1956 or an equivalent qualification.
- Maximum number of attempts in qualifying examination for
(i) General: Four attempts.
(ii) OBC: seven attempts.
(iii) SC/ ST: no restriction.